Why You Should Have a Deck Inspection
A deck inspection is a thorough examination of the deck of your home. It is important to have your deck inspected regularly to ensure that it is in good condition and safe to use.
Here are some of the reasons why you should have a deck inspection:
- To identify potential hazards. A deck inspection can help to identify any potential hazards, such as loose boards, missing railings, or damaged hardware. These hazards can pose a safety risk to your family and guests, and they should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- To extend the life of your deck. By identifying and repairing any damage to your deck, you can help to extend its lifespan. A well-maintained deck will be more durable and less likely to need major repairs in the future.
- To increase the value of your home. A well-maintained deck can add value to your home. When you are ready to sell your home, a clean and well-maintained deck will make it more appealing to potential buyers.
- To comply with regulations. In some jurisdictions, it is required by law to have your deck inspected on a regular basis. By having your deck inspected, you can help to ensure that your home is in compliance with all applicable regulations.
How Often Should You Have Your Deck Inspected?
The frequency with which you should have your deck inspected will depend on a number of factors, including the type of deck you have, and how often you use your deck. In general, it is a good idea to have your deck inspected at least once a year.
What Should You Look for During a Deck Inspection?
During a deck inspection, 1st Choice Inspection will look for a number of things, including:
- Loose or missing boards
- Damaged railings
- Rusted or corroded hardware
- Signs of rot or decay
- Any other potential hazards
If I find any problems, they will recommend repairs or replacements. It is important to then repair your deck to keep it safe and in good condition.
How Much Does a Deck Inspection Cost?
The cost of a deck inspection will vary depending on the size of your deck, and where it is located. In general, deck inspections cost between $200 and $500.
A deck inspection is an important part of home maintenance. By having your deck inspected regularly, you can help to ensure that it is safe and in good condition.
Here are some additional tips for having a deck inspection:
- Be present during the inspection so that you can ask questions and learn about the condition of your deck.
- Follow the inspector's recommendations for repairs or replacements.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your deck is safe and in good condition for years to come.
About 1st Choice Home Inspection | The Best Inspection Company in Waukesha, WI & Surrounding Communities
1st Choice Inspection: The Best Inspection Company in Waukesha, WI
When you're buying or selling a home, condo or commercial building it's important to have a thorough inspection done by a qualified professional. That's where 1st Choice Inspection comes in. We're the best home inspection company in Waukesha, WI and I am here to help you make the best decision on purchase or sale.
Here are just a few reasons why 1st Choice Inspection is the best:
The owner, Michael Schwitzer, is certified and experienced. Certified by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (interNACHI), and a Certified Master Inspector® with 28+ years of experience inspecting homes, condo’s and commercial buildings in Waukesha and the surrounding area.
1st Choice Inspection is thorough. Our inspections are comprehensive, and I look at every aspect of your home, condo or commercial building from the roof to the foundation in Waukesha & surrounding communities.
As the owner, Michael’s approach to business is based on customer satisfaction, “I am friendly and professional. I will educate you on your new purchase and make sure you understand the inspection process. I am happy to answer any questions you have.
We're affordable. Our rates are competitive, and on point. If you are looking for a cheap inspector, you will need to go elsewhere. The cheapest is never the best!
If you're looking for the best inspection company in Waukesha, WI, look no further than 1st Choice Inspection. I will help you make the best decision for your home, condo or commercial building purchase or sale.
Social Media Contacts:
Contact us today at (414) 803-9678 or email us at email@example.com to schedule your inspection!