- Heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors.
- Damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems.
- Air-conditioner compressor leaks
- Under-fastening and/or missing framing members, and other structural defects.
- Broken seals in double-paned windows.
- Plumbing leaks.
- Hidden roof leaks before they cause serious damage.
- Missing, damaged and/or wet insulation.
- Water and moisture intrusion around penetrations and at the foundation and building envelope that could lead to structural damage and mold.
- Circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement.
- Overloaded and undersized circuits.
- Overheated electrical equipment and components.
- Electrical faults before they cause a fire.
- Possible pest infestation, as revealed by energy loss through shelter tubes left by boring wood-destroying insects.
- The heat signatures of intruders, such as rats, mice and other larger pests hiding within the structure.
- Dangerous flue leaks, which can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning of the home’s residents.